State of Kansas Employees
Telehealth Connects You With a Doctor Anytime, Anywhere
Telehealth is a fast, easy way to see a doctor. State of Kansas employees with BCBSKS Plans A and C can have live visits over their computer, tablet or phone with a doctor anytime through telehealth visits. Blue Cross provides telehealth services through American Well ®, also known as Amwell, the industry’s leading telehealth solution. With Amwell, you can register for free, and the cost per visit is less than emergency room, urgent care, or even in-office doctor visits. It's easy to use, affordable, private and secure.
It's Easy to Register for Telehealth
Download the Amwell app
Or visit the Amwell website
- Fill in the contact information form
- Set up your user name and password
- If you have any questions, call toll-free 844-SEE-DOCS (844-733-3627)
How does telehealth work?
Telehealth is an innovative patient consultation service that lets you connect with a U.S. board-certified, licensed and credentialed doctor quickly and easily. Rather than having to schedule a doctor’s appointment and travel to and from the doctor’s office, telehealth lets you interact with a doctor at your convenience for common conditions such as:
- stomach pain
- sinus infection
- pink eye
- ear infection
Also offering behavioral health and counseling services, known as teletherapy, Amwell’s licensed therapists will provide treatment for several conditions, including:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- panic attacks
- trauma/Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- and more
Therapists will be available on demand or by appointment from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. local time, 7 days per week.
Who provides telehealth services?
A great patient experience begins with your doctor. That’s why Amwell offers:
- Your choice of trusted, U.S. board-certified doctors and therapists
- Peace of mind with a doctor “on call” 24/7 to provide quality care
- Consultation, diagnosis, and prescriptions (when appropriate)
Amwell can be used any time, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick or busy to see someone in person, or even when you’re traveling.
*Telehealth is available in most states, but some states do not allow telehealth or prescriptions. For a full list, visit: http://info.americanwell.com/where-can-i-see-a-doctor-online
What is the cost?
Doctor visits on Amwell are $10 for Plan A members. For Plan C members, the cost per visit is:
- $49 per Consultation Unit with all the Qualified Professionals who are physicians
- $45 per Consultation Unit with all the Qualified Professionals who are dietitians
- $80 per Consultation Unit with all the Qualified Professionals who are social workers or masters level behavioral health professionals
- $95 per Consultation Unit with all the Qualified Professionals who are behavioral health professionals with a PhD/PsyD
- $175 per the initial Consultation unit with a Qualified Professionals who is a psychiatrist
- $90 per follow up Consultation Units with a Qualified Professionals who is a psychiatrist
Reasons to Use telehealth
With telehealth, you can select your physician using online patient ratings and continue to see the same physician for future online visits if you are satisfied with your experience. Other reasons to use telehealth include:
- Available nationwide and 24/7/365
- A complete record of each visit is securely maintained and accessible by you
- Medication can be prescribed during your online visit and picked up it at your local pharmacy (when appropriate and where allowed**)
- Simple payment with credit, debit or HSA/FSA cards
- Your visit is counted toward your out of pocket maximum
When Would I Use Amwell?
- I should probably see a doctor, but can’t fit it into my schedule
- My doctor’s office is closed
- I feel too sick to drive
- I have children at home and don’t want to bring them with me
- It's difficult for me to get a doctor's appointment
- I'm on business travel and stuck in a hotel room
Can I use Amwell when I’m traveling?
Amwell is great when you’re on the road for vacation or work. Telehealth is available in most states, but some states do not allow telehealth or prescriptions. For a full list, visit: http://info.americanwell.com/where-can-i-see-a-doctor-online
Who Are The Doctors?
Clinical services on Amwell are provided by Online Care Group – the nation’s first and largest primary care group devoted to telehealth. Doctors on Amwell:
- Have an average of 15-years of experience in primary and urgent care
- Are US Board Certified, licensed, and credentialed
- Have profiles, so you can see their education and practice experience
- Are rated by other patients, so you can review and select the doctor that meets your needs
How do I add my spouse?
Your spouse should create a separate account to enroll.
How do I add a child to my account?
Parents and guardians can add their children who are under age 18 to their account and have doctor visits on their behalf. Enroll yourself first and then add then add your child or dependent to your account.
What should I do if I have a child over 18 who is still on my health insurance?
They should enroll as an adult and create their own separate account.
Questions & Assistance
If you have any other questions, please call or email our support team at 1.855.818.DOCS (1.855.818.3627) or firstname.lastname@example.org