Consumer Transparency Tools
Whether you’re searching for urgent care, need to make an appointment with a doctor or want to see ratings on doctors or hospitals, our provider directory tool is meant to make the process easier.
Use our provider directory and cost tool to search for providers in your network including doctors, clinics, hospitals and more. Search by provider specialty or by the provider’s name, using your current location or a specific area. The type-ahead feature will suggest the names of providers, procedures and specialties to assist you with your search.
Consumer Cost and Member Out-of-Pocket Estimator tool:
- Alternative Care Settings effort (ACS) - The ACS is focused on developing consumer messaging about when to use urgent care centers, retail health clinics, and walk-in doctor's offices for member convenience, improved access and potential cost savings. ACS messaging will display on the In-Network Provider Finder offering members options to consider when an urgent health need arises.
- BCBSA National Consumer Cost Tool (NCCT) - The purpose of NCCT is to enable members to obtain information on estimated costs for health care services.
- Member Out-of-Pocket (MOP) - A way for members to obtain an estimate for out-of-pocket liability for health care services nationwide. The approach is to enhance NCCT data with detailed service-line costs to enable calculation of the out-of-pocket estimate. Blue Plans will use the detailed service-line cost data in conjunction with member benefits and accumulators to calculate member out-of-pocket estimates. The availability date for this feature has yet to be determined.
- Cost Estimator Tool - The purpose of the cost estimator tool is to enable members to obtain estimated costs for health care services.
Patient Experience tool:
- Patient Review of Physicians (PRP) - A member tool for reading and writing reviews of physicians and professional providers nationwide.
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and System (HCAHPS) - The current standard for hospital patient experience, survey results are available from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
WARNING: Could not load CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE
WARNING: Could not load HELPFUL RESOURCES