BlueCare℠ Simple SilverSG Choice
When you choose a health insurance plan, you want to get the most out of your health care dollars – today, more than ever. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas developed BlueCare plans with you in mind. BlueCare helps put you in control of your health care.
|Deductible||$4,000 per person / $8,000 family||$10,000 per person / $20,000 family|
|Coinsurance (percentage paid by member)||0%||0%|
|Annual out-of-pocket maximum||$4,000 per person / $8,000 family||$10,000 per person / $20,000 family|
|Doctor's office visits||In-network||Out-of-network|
|Home and office visits - primary||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Home and office visits - specialists||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Preventive care||$0 - Preventive is without cost share||Deductible then $0|
|Prescription drug coverage||In-network||Out-of-network|
|Prescription drugs||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Mail order drugs||Deductible then $0
Specialty drugs are not covered
|Deductible then $0
Specialty drugs are not covered
|Emergency medical transportation||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Inpatient surgery physician/surgical||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Inpatient facility fee||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Outpatient surgery physician/surgical||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Outpatient lab and radiology||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Advanced imaging (CT/PET scans, MRIs)||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Emergency room||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Injections||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Dental and vision||In-network||Out-of-network|
|Pediatric dental (for ages 0-19)||Cleanings and periodic evaluations covered at 100% - other services: Deductible then $0||Cleanings and periodic evaluations covered at 100% - other services: Deductible then $0|
|Pediatric vision (for ages 0-19)||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Outpatient rehabilitation||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Outpatient habilitation||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Hospice||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Home health care||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Mental illness/substance use disorders||In-network||Out-of-network|
|Mental illness/substance use disorders - inpatient services
Requires pre-admission certification from New Directions Behavioral Health at 1-800-952-5906
|Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Mental illness/substance use disorders - outpatient services||Deductible then $0||Deductible then $0|
|Lifetime maximum||Unlimited for each covered person||Unlimited for each covered person|
|Eligible dependents||Covered to age 26||Covered to age 26|
Exclusions: Following is a list of common non-covered services. For a complete list of limitations and exclusions, refer to your contract.
Duplicate benefits provided under federal, state or local laws, regulations or programs except Medicaid; services involving cosmetic or reconstructive surgery (except as stated in the contract); charges for personal items; convalescent or custodial care or rest care; all keratotomy procedures; blood or payments to donors of blood; any service or supply related to the medical management of obesity, except services covered as preventive health benefits; services related to the reversal of sterilization procedures; any medically-aided insemination procedure; charges for services by immediate relatives or by members of the household; acupuncture and admission for acupuncture; medically unnecessary services and admissions; services covered and payable under any medical expense payment provision of any automobile insurance policy; mental illness or substance use disorder services provided by a non-eligible provider; services, supplies or treatments not specifically listed as covered in the member’s contract.
Drug coverage limitation: Generic drugs are mandatory if available unless physician prescribes a brand drug.
Specialty drug coverage: In-network benefits are applied when specialty drugs are obtained from Prime Specialty Pharmacy.
Pediatric Dental (included for ages 0-19)
- Cleanings - Covered 100%, once every six months
- Fluoride treatments - Up to three times yearly
- Sealants - One time a year per tooth
Limitations include occlusal surface only, teeth must be free of caries (tooth decay), not covered when placed over restoration.
- Space maintainers - One time per year
Covered when medically indicated due to premature loss of posterior primary tooth; recementation not covered within six months of initial placement.
- Periodic dental evaluation - Covered 100%, once every six months
- Comprehensive evaluation - One per insured, per dentist per lifetime
- Full mouth and panoramic - Once every three years
- Silver amalgam
- Tooth colored composite
- Stainless steel - Once per 24 months per tooth
- Metal only, metal/porcelain or porcelain only - Once per 60 months per tooth
An approval process (known as "prior authorization") for determining if services will be considered for payment is required for all crowns except stainless steel.
- Root canals
- Root canals on baby teeth - One per tooth per lifetime
- Root canals on permanent teeth - One per tooth per lifetime
- The treatment services listed below also require prior authorization to be considered for payment.
- Periodontal therapy
- Full and partial dentures (once every 60 months)
Dental services are subject to applicable deductible, coinsurance or annual out-of-pocket maximum.
Pediatric Vision (included for ages 0-19)
- Basic exams are covered as needed when provided by ophthalmologists and optometrists
- Two exams per month to detect and/or follow medical conditions
- As needed up to one year following cataract surgery
Eyeglasses (standard frames)
- Frames must include a one-year warranty
- Up to three pairs of frames per 365 days
- Up to three sets of lenses per 365 days
- Eyeglasses provided for post cataract surgery within one year of surgery
Contact lenses require prior authorization
Blepharoplasty and Blepharoptosis
Surgery for the correction of eyelid defects requires prior authorization
Although this is not a complete list, your pediatric vision coverage excludes items such as LASIK surgery, sunglasses, safety glasses, athletic glasses, backup eyeglasses and contact lenses for cosmetic purposes.
Vision services are subject to applicable deductible, coinsurance or annual out-of-pocket maximum.
- Dental Program (for additional coverage beyond the included pediatric dental benefits)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan (S-HIP)
- Life Insurance
- Cancer Plan (Secure 300)
Additional Program Information
- Inpatient Admissions - Pre-admission certification is required for all planned inpatient admissions.
- Benefit Period - The 12-month period based on the group anniversary month.
- Waiting Period - Businesses select a waiting period option.
Dual Option Plan
The Dual Option Plan is available to groups of 2 to 50 employees with this product. The plan offers employees one of two out-of-pocket choices annually. This provides employees the option to "buy up" to a better level of coverage, based on their personal insurance needs.
Contact us to learn more about the features of Simple SilverSG Choice.