Need dental coverage? Enroll now in BlueCare DentalPlus!Start Shopping
We now offer coverage to shoppers needing dental insurance at any time, with no open enrollment periods.
BlueCare DentalPlus Benefit Details and Exclusions
- $1,500 annual maximum for each member
- 12 month waiting period on major services
- $50 annual deductible for each member (combined deductible applies to Primary and Major services)
- 100% for preventive services (Accumulates to annual maximum)
- Major services with 50/50 coinsurance (Accumulates to annual maximum)
- Primary services with 80/20 coinsurance (Accumulates to annual maximum)
- $200 annual maximum for whitening services and supplies provided by dentist (100% accumulates to annual maximum)
These Preventive Services are covered at 100 percent of the allowable charge (accumulates to annual $1,500 maximum for each member):
- Oral examinations (two per year)
- Prophylaxis, including cleaning, scaling and polishing (two per year)
- Dental x-rays required to treat or diagnose diseases or abnormalities of the teeth, surrounding tissue and cavity detection (includes two bitewings per year, and one full-mouth during a five-year period)
- (1) Bitewing x-rays are limited to two per benefit period per insured.
- (2) Full-mouth x-rays are limited to once each five years per insured.
- Fluoride application for insureds under age 21 limited to once each year per insured.
- Space maintainers limited to the initial placement for insureds under age 16.
- Sealants limited to one application per lifetime per eligible insured between 5 and 17 years of age inclusive, and limited to permanent molars and bicuspids.
- Surgical consultations.
These Primary Services benefits are covered at 80 percent of the allowable charge, following a $50 annual deductible (combined deductible applies to Primary and Major services), to an annual maximum benefit payment of $1,500 for each member, each calendar year:
- Simple extractions
- Fillings (except gold)
- Root canal treatment
- Periodontic treatment of the gums, consisting of examination, management and surgery
- Extraction of impacted teeth
- Repair of dentures
- General anesthesia when the dental treatment is a covered service
- Emergency treatment to temporarily relieve acute dental pain (subject to limitations)
- Non-surgical care of acute oral infection and oral lesions
These Major Services benefits are covered at 50 percent of the allowable charge, following a $50 annual deductible (combined deductible applies to Primary and Major services), to an annual maximum benefit payment of $1,500 for each member, each calendar year. The following services are subject to a 12 month waiting period:
- Oral/Periodontal Surgery (Other than Periodontal surgery of the gums)
- Dental Implants
Dental plan services NOT covered:
- Any dental service not listed as a covered service in this program
- Patient education services, hospital calls and/or consultations
- Laboratory and pathological examinations
- Bone grafts for alveolar ridge augmentation
- Dental services primarily for cosmetic purposes, except for an accidental injury
- All Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome related services, occlusal adjustments
- Temporary or provisional dental services and procedures
- Orthodontic services
Refer to the policy for a more complete list of exclusions and limitations. With this optional dental program, you will need to use a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas contracting dentist to receive maximum benefits.
Questions? We're here for you.
To learn more about BlueCare Dental Plus, you may contact us by phone or email. If contacting us by email, please provide a daytime phone number in your message indicating when you can be reached. All requests will be responded to via phone within two business days.
If you are under age 65, you can reach us by:
If you are age 65 or over, you can reach us by: